You know when you go into a situation, not knowing what to expect, and it completely blows your mind? The times when you think you’re going to have fun, but you actually end up having one of the best days of your life?
That was me yesterday. At the Vietri Warehouse Sale. WE HAD THE BEST TIME! Holy crap. I did not sleep last night because I was so excited to regale you with my amazing stories of yesterday’s unbelievable experience that was the #vietriwarehousesale. I can’t wait any longer. I have to tell you! Let’s begin…
My friend Gracie and I hopped in the car on the way to what should now be known as the new Mecca of North Carolina. While we experienced a few hiccups on the way — including the splatter of what seemed to be a bird’s egg all over my car windshield, I was not happy to say the least — we arrived in the small, unassuming town of Hillsborough, NC, no worse for the wear and excited for what was in store for us.
As we took a left off the exit ramp and approached the Vietri headquarters, I nervously darted my eyes at Gracie.
“What if… what if this sale isn’t as good as we hope it will be? What am I supposed to do if it stinks? I can’t lie and say it was good!”
Gracie, ever the voice of reason, responded kindly, “It will be fine, it will be great. Don’t worry.”
“Yea, you’re right. And if it does stink then we will just drive to Chapel Hill, go get blueberry beers from Topo and not worry about it.”
“That’s the best plan B I’ve ever heard,” Gracie said, alleviating my nerves.
I can fix anything with a good happy hour.
I’m so glad that to report that I was so wrong. It wasn’t that I thought the sale was going to be bad, I just didn’t know what the hell to expect and didn’t want to let anyone down because I’ve been pumping it up so much. I don’t like to disappoint people.
This is the truth — The Vietri Warehouse Sale is the BOMB and yesterday was by FAR the best Thursday of my life. And it didn’t even involve any alcohol, thank you very much.
We walked into the warehouse and our jaws dropped to the floor.
There it all was — every breathtaking piece of Vietri imaginable. All waiting for me to pour over. The best part? THE PRICES WERE UNREAL.
Sorry I know I’m using a lot of caps in this post but it’s necessary. I’m not yelling at you, I’m just super excited.
Peppered with every color in the rainbow — Pantone ain’t got nothin’ on Vietri — the handmade, hand-painted Italian pieces are more than just beautiful — they truly are works of art. I bought a platter like this for my kitchen. Love.
Going from section to section, Gracie and I were like the charging of the bulls — we ran towards the barrage of gorgeous colors, knocking down any people in our way of attaining the best deals in the warehouse. Take no prisoners!
Look as these mosaic pieces! So gorgeous and would make anyone’s morning bright and cheery when drinking coffee from them.
I’m just like my mother in that I love anything blue and white. Hence my dining room.
I actually got a little breathless when I saw this piece. You’d think I was asking the plate out on a date or something.
These glasses are originally almost $20 each, but we got them on sale for $4 each! Gracie got a set and I got a set for my mother-in-law because aqua is her favorite color, too. Such a steal.
These roosters are originally $326, and they are on sale for $156. Holy moly so beautiful.
“Anna take me home with you-adoodle-doo!”
As Gracie astutely noted, the Campagna line is quintessential Vietri, and all of it was more than 50% off. These brightly colored rustic dishes make me want to hop on a plane to Tuscany tomorrow. Ciao bella!
My Grammy collects little pitchers and so I had to get her one. Originally $42, I got her one for $19!
These babies were originally over $200, on sale for $50. I got two for my sister to put on her mantle.
When I saw that the sale had lamps, I actually screamed.
Because Gracie and I clearly had no clue what to expect and we think others may be the same, we’ve pulled together some words of wisdom to help you make the most out of your #vietriwarehousesale experience.
Six Ways to Dominate The Vietri Warehouse Sale
- Every great vacation takes some planning, right? Same thing here. Before you go to the sale, perusing the Vietri website to familiarize yourself with its collections to find the things you want/need the most would be very helpful. This will help you prioritize what you are looking for/what you want specifically so you won’t get overwhelmed. The warehouse is like four football fields put together so it’s an easy thing to do.
- Gracie and I were shocked at the amount of high-quality items the sale offered. Be prepared to love EVERYTHING. I was thinking this sale was going to be like a Saturday outing at Marshall’s where some of the stuff is crap but there are a few hidden finds — NOPE. Couldn’t have been more wrong. Everything is in perfect condition and you will WANT it so be prepared to keep your shopping addiction in check. I had a little trouble in this department.
- I noted the size of the warehouse already, but it really is enormous. Don’t let this intimidate you — it is very well thought out and you will be able to view all of the collections, just take your time. Gracie and I went through the whole thing slowly and ooh-ed and ahh-ed over everything, popping things in our cart as we saw them. After our first go-round, we took our cart outside, unloaded it item by item, and edited our choices so we didn’t spend a million dollars. I would HIGHLY recommend doing this because there really are so many special pieces that you have to prioritize your purchases so that you don’t go overboard. After we chose the items that we loved the most, we went back through the entire warehouse again, stopping by the collections we knew we wanted to peruse again and pick up a few more pieces from. It’s all about the strategy.
- BUY WEDDING GIFTS HERE! Gracie and I didn’t buy anyone a single wedding gift from the sale, which was easily the dumbest decision we made. The items are marked down so much that people will think you spent a lot more money on them than you did — I’m trying to get you in good with your peeps.
- Ask your most favorite people in your life if you can buy things for them. I asked my mom, sister, friends, mother-in-law, etc. if I could buy items for them, and most everyone took the bait. I didn’t find items for everyone, but the ones I did find were amazing scores and I am so happy to share these amazing deals with my faves. If you do engage in this extremely generous behavior, tell your peeps to look online at Vietri’s collections also so they can pick out things for you to look for.
- CHARGE YOUR PHONE! My damn phone died almost immediately when we got into the warehouse, hence the extremely quiet Insta and Twitter posts. The reception isn’t great in the warehouse and drains your battery so if you are buying things for others, make sure your cell phone is fully charged so you can send them pictures of the items you picked out for them to get their approval before purchasing. I’m currently not speaking to my iPhone.
An important thing to note: the Vietri staff were incredibly helpful and ready to answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ask them about certain pieces that you are looking for. They also will bring your items outside and keep them next to the registers to keep your cart nice and empty and ready for new things to put in it. Smart marketing.
All in all, we (clearly) had an amazing time. I know I get way too excited about getting a good deal, but this sale is so much more than that — this sale offers pieces that are completely unique and things that I will have for the rest of my life. Every single piece I bought is totally SST Investment Piece of the Month worthy, but I got it for a fraction of the cost! Um Vietri I love you.
I would like to say a giant THANK YOU to Vietri for letting me cover this incredible sale, I am so honored to be a part of all this awesome money saving. You guys are truly the bomb.
Don’t forget — you still have THREE MORE DAYS to shop this awesome sale! For more information, click here…