I’m sure by now you are just SICK of me talking about the spring. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you. I just want to celebrate the new season… And sit outside with a mimosa and my frands.
For Southerners, spring is our signal to come out of hibernation and begin socialization again. During the winter we shutter indoors, scoff at the snow and drink entirely too much to warm us up. Once warmer weather graces us with her presence, we reemerge into society, attending all sorts of social events and drink entirely too much to cool us down.
As I mentioned before, it is so important to be a wonderful guest. No one wants to entertain an absolute terd at their home and, if you behave, you may get invited back. Wilson and I consider ourselves delightful guests and sing for our supper, if you will, by bestowing our hostess with a thoughtful gift and our delightfully witty personalities. Insert sarcasm here.
To ensure all SST readers are wonderfully popular guests — I’m not saying you aren’t already, just double-checking — I’ve put together a gathering of great hostess gift ideas under $50 that you can use to delight and amaze any hostess.
1. Great set of napkin rings to make some unassuming napkins feel oh-so chic.
2. I love this ginger jar — these cuties are all the rage right now and make a great gift. $36. You don’t actually put ginger in them.
3. I cannot speak highly enough of these candles. They smell so wonderful and burn slowly. I own three and think I may have a problem.
4. These salsas are a cheap gift that every hostess will love because it makes entertaining so easy — all they have to do is open the jar, throw the salsa in a bowl and take all the credit for its incredible taste. To entertain well without taking a xanax before guests arrive, plagiarizing food is absolutely necessary, if not required. Like my lover Barefoot Contessa says, Now how easy is that?
5. Dishtowels are always a good go-to hostess gift, and this one has a great pattern. $15 people!
6. I’m not too high on fake flowers, but a small arrangement is nice in a guest bathroom. Or you could always go for the real thing and buy a vase!
7. Linen cocktail napkins are such a nice touch when entertaining and make a great hostess gift also. I love the pop of color this set provides and they are only $16.
8. All things mirrored right now are super trendy and this little jewelry box makes the perfect topper for a stack of books on a shelf or in a bedroom. On sale for $14!
By the way, for my male SST readers, all of these gifts can double as great Mother’s Day gifts for the special ladies in your life. 54% of my readers last month were male, so I figure I need to connect with this shocking demographic. Let’s hear it for the boys!
And because I think (fingers crossed!) that because all of you love me as much as I love you, you will like my Instagram picture so that I can win this sexy winged-back chair from Lee Industries! This shiz is the bomb, and if you scratch my back, I promise I’ll scratch yours. Through the computer. I’ll figure out a way, don’t you worry. If you don’t follow me on Instagram, you should because Wilson and I take a lot of selfies. Click here to follow our adventures…
Some good sales for you to know, too:
J.Crew is having 25% off everything with code HEYSPRING.
Hope everyone has a terrific day filled with laughter and a great cocktail hour.